You don’t just have to be suffering physical complaint or ailment to enjoy the benefits a regular massage can bring. Massage is a very therapeutic and relaxing experience which can benefit you in a multitude of ways; mentally, physically and emotionally helping you to maintain your overall health and well-being.
Benefits of Massage
- Massage Promotes Joint Flexibility – Massage increases blood flow to the joints and can relieve tensions in the muscles encouraging more flexibility. It can bring relief to conditions which cause joint pain such as arthritis and rheumatism.
- Massage Improves Circulation – Massage improves the circulation of blood and the lymphatic system. Improved circulation will help the body fight infection and increase energy levels. Having regular massage during the winter months when the body’s metabolism is naturally slower will help fight winter bugs and promote the body’s natural healing process.
- Massage Improves Skins and Tone – Massage dilates the blood capillaries which increases skin nutrients and helps to improve skin texture. The oils used by the therapist will be high-quality oils to soothe and moisture which will bring relief from dryness and itching. It’s also worth mentioning that many skin complaints are aggravated by stress which can be reduced by regular massage treatments.
- Massage Helps To Reduce Anxiety – Massage is a way to relax naturally, it can calm the mind and significantly reduce anxiety. Anxiety can be held in key areas of the body including the lower back, abdomen and neck. Massaging these areas can help to let go of the stored anxiety you are holding.
- Massage Promotes Deep Relaxation – This can be beneficial on many levels, improved mental clarity and alertness, we operate more effectively when we are in a more relaxed, less stressed/anxious state.
These 5 benefits of massage are just a few are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy when having regular massages. If you would like to find out more about how a massage can help you, talk to your massage therapist about your needs to find out how the treatment can be tailored to benefit you the most.