Drinking water after a massage treatment is really important as it helps in the removal of toxins from the body after the therapy. Not hydrating yourself properly increases the possibility of experiencing nausea, headaches, or flu-ish like symptoms. Staying hydrated every day will improve your overall wellbeing but many of us forget when we get busy will daily life!
If staying hydrated is difficult for you, here are some tips that can help:
1. Keep a bottle of water with you during the day (if it is plastic don’t leave it in a warm place or hot car, keep it cool).
2. If you don’t like drinking just water, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink. Or having sparkling water with a drop of fresh fruit juice – you do get use to it!
3. Drink water when you go to a restaurant, even if your having an alcoholic drink, it will keep you hydrated
4. Drink water before, during, and after a workout.
5. When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Your body can confuse hunger with thirst and if you really are hungry you won’t be satisfied by drinking water.
6. If you struggle to remind yourself to drink water, try embedding it into your routine i.e. drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed.
7. Drink water when you go to a restaurant, even if you’re having an alcoholic drink, it will keep you hydrated